Sometimes I worry that when I recover, I won’t have anything to write about anymore. Lots of great art comes out of turmoil and darkness, but doesn’t a lot of great art come out of passion and love?
I guess what I’m really worried about is when I become numb or depressed, like I am now. There’s nothing to say about anything, it feels. But one great thing to do to help is practicing gratitude.
I am grateful for:
- My extremely supportive family
- My amazing boyfriend who loves me in a way I’ve always wanted to be loved
- My friends, who check in with me and make sure everything is okay
- The fact that I can digest lactose, and therefore can eat ice cream and cheese etc. without getting gassy
- My supportive work environment, especially my superstar supervisor
- My body, strength, and ability to move
- A network of professionals who are guiding me towards recovery
- My ability to play music
- The fact that I can feel so deeply. Love deeply, appreciate deeply, care deeply.
- Each and every one of my followers who take the time to read what I have to say 🙂 It means everything to me!